Stephen Rue Attorney Awards

New Orleans and Jefferson Parish Guardianship Lawyers

Tutorship is the term used in Louisiana to describe what is known in other states as guardianship or conservatorship. A minor, by law, does not have the legal authority to manage his or her financial affairs. For example, a minor may be the recipient of a personal injury settlement or may inherit property in a will. Both of these actions may require that an adult be appointed to receive and manage money or property on behalf of the minor.

The New Orleans guardianship attorneys at Stephen Rue & Associates Law Firm, have more than 26 years of providing legal advice to Louisiana families. We provide full service legal representation on all types of tutorship cases.

St. Bernard Parish Legal Guardian Attorneys

Tutorships may be necessary when biological parents pass away or divorce. The child’s personal and financial needs must be met by a court appointed adult, called a tutor. Tutorship may also be needed in order to bring a lawsuit on behalf of a child or settle an existing lawsuit.

A tutorship may also be appropriate in cases where a developmentally disabled person will soon become a legal adult. This is called a continuing tutorship, which is faster and more desirable than an interdiction. Contact our attorneys today to discuss how a continuing tutorship may be appropriate for your developmentally disabled child.

Contact an Experienced Louisiana Tutorship Attorneys Today for an Initial Consultation

At Stephen Rue & Associates Law Firm, we offer consultations so you can discuss your divorce case with one of our experienced attorneys.

Schedule a Consultation

Family Law Attorney Stephen Rue

Please call 504-529-5000 or 985-871-0008 for a CONSULTATION. Family Law Initial Consultations with Attorney Stephen Rue are $250. We have a law office policy to have a consultation fee. You can receive a LIVE RESPONSE TO YOUR CALL 24 HOURS/ 7 DAYS A WEEK to set up an appointment.

Se habla español 504-443-2000.