We trust medical professionals to improve our health when we are injured or ill. However, medical practitioners do make mistakes. When these mistakes are clearly preventable and cause serious injuries, a medical malpractice lawyer may help you recover compensation.
Injured patients and their survivors, in the case of a wrongful death can file medical malpractice lawsuits to recover damages and to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions (or inactions).
Powerful Attorney on Your Side
What a powerful attorney to have on your side. Stephen was well prepared and knowledgeable with my case which led to a victory. Thank you Mr. Rue!!
Fighting Against Medical Negligence | Metairie Medical Malpractice Lawyer
At Stephen Rue & Associates Law Firm in Kenner, New Orleans and Gretna, Louisiana, our medical malpratice lawyer represents clients who have been hurt due to the negligence of medical professionals. We also represent survivors of patients who have died due to medical negligence
Our law firm assists clients in situations involving:
- Transvaginal mesh/surgical mesh injuries causing bleeding, infections, urinary incontinence, tissue damage, organ perforation or prolapse
- Anesthesia errors causing awareness during surgery, brain damage, heart damage or paralysis
- Failures to diagnose serious medical conditions such as cancer
- Surgery errors such as failures to remove surgical sponges, perforation of organs and wrong-side operations
- Birth injuries leading to nerve damage, scarring or brain damage
- Postoperative negligence, including failing to treat infections or identify post-surgery complications
- Decubitus ulcers (bedsores) due to neglect at a nursing home or long-term care facility
- Medication errors leading to pain, disability or impairment related accidents Wrongful death resulting from a medical mistake
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Stephen Rue & Associates Law Firm For more than 26 years, our attorneys have been recognized as leaders in Louisiana personal injury law. They have tried and/or favorably settled hundreds of cases for their clients. They understand medical terminology and procedures, and they carefully review our clients’ medical records in order to prove medical negligence by health care personnel and the institutions that employ them. They can also hire medical experts, rehabilitation specialists, occupational therapists and others who can prove the extent of your injuries and testify on your behalf.
By establishing that negligence occurred, or that a pattern of negligence contributed to your injuries, our medical malpractice lawyer can wield significant leverage in settlement negotiations and before juries. Our goal is always to obtain the justice and compensation you need to move on with your life.