Injury or Death Due to Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect & Home Health Care Abuse and Neglect
Does your loved one in a nursing home have unexplained injuries? Do you suspect that an accident, illness or unexpected death stemmed from substandard care? Did the facility even inform you about your family member’s condition?
Stephen Rue & Associates Law Firm can investigate your suspicions of nursing neglect or abuse. We can spot the signs of medical negligence and inadequate care and pursue your loved one’s legal remedies.
Failure to Care for Those Who Are Most Vulnerable
Nursing homes are supposed to provide the medical supervision and round-the-clock care that families cannot. It is a sickening feeling to learn that your elderly parent or other loved one suffered harm because of neglect, mistreatment or incompetence.
Stephen Rue & Associates Law Firm can decipher the nursing charts and medical records to determine if the facility can be held liable. I am familiar with all types of nursing home negligence:
- Bed sores (decubitus ulcers) — painful wounds from failure of staff to turn the patient regularly
- Falls and broken bones — falls from bed, slip-and-fall injuries while walking or bathing unassisted, injuries during transfer or transport
- Dehydration and malnutrition — failure to monitor food and fluid intake, ignoring dietary restrictions, failing to assist with eating
- Medication errors — wrong dose or wrong drug or adverse reaction
- Undiagnosed illness — failure to assess, failure to listen to the patient, failure to follow up
- Delayed treatment — failure to summon a physician or transfer to a hospital
- Abuse and neglect —physical or sexual abuse, verbal abuse or punishment, failure to monitor or attend to patients
Many nursing home injuries stem from understaffing, poor training and failure to follow procedures and policies. Staff and administrators often do not report acute medical issues in a timely fashion or do not inform state authorities or the family when injuries occur.
New Orleans Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorney
We have successfully won cases regarding nursing home and home health care neglect or abuse. We will pursue monetary compensation for medical intervention, lasting disability, and pain and suffering, or for a loved one’s undignified and premature death.